This 1978 BMW Bavaria Stereo radio is in superb top condition, it will look brand new when mounted in your beloved vintage car. All the functions work beautifully and the radio sounds amazing! We deliver this HIGH-END STEREO radio ready to fit. Included are all the correct brackets and all the other fittings you will need.
Make and Model: BMW Bavaria Stereo (Type 7638 ‘Verkehrsfunk’)
The BMW Bavaria Stereo radio is a high-end 1978 Blaupunkt Frankfurt Stereo Super Arimat 18 Watt with a special BMW Bavaria front.
- Classic Car era: 1976 – 1985
- Face-plate: Black metal back-plate with mounting brackets and black plastic BMW Bavaria faceplate. 1-DIN size. Fitted with period correct black rubber Blaupunkt knobs. Hard plastic smooth black 1980 BMW Bavaria knobs available on request, see loose knobs in the pictures.
- On-board voltage: 12V, negative earth / ground only
- Output power: 2 x 9 Watt music
- Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Rendition: STEREO, 2 (4 Ohm) speakers. NOTE: If you want to connect four speakers then you have to use two 8 Ohm speakers per channel. Connected parallel + to + and – to -, this makes 4 Ohm per channel. This is important otherwise you will damage the internal amplifier.
- Wave Range: long wave, medium wave, short wave, UKW (FM)
- Frequency range UKW (FM): 88MHz-104MHz
- Equipment: Tone adjustment, six station pre-set buttons, mono-stereo selection and ‘Verkehrsfunk’ (VF) (Traffic system, discontinued in 2005). 7-PIN DIN connection for optional external stereo devices (in period cassette players) like the Classentials MP3 kit and the Classentials Bluetooth module.
- Design type: Transistor radio
- Year of build: 1978
- Dimensions unit (width x height x depth in mm): 177 x 43 x 150 (back to front of face-plate)
- Dimensions face-plate (width x height in mm): 189 x 58
- Weight (kg): 1.4
Extra in packaging: Classentials Installation Kit 2 with installation instructions, two 1970s style DIN speaker plugs, earth / ground cable, cable shoes, and a rear mounting strip / bracket.
Installing: Basic car conditions before installation: Radio prepared car with dashboard openings, 12V power lead, analog telescopic antenna, standard (dashboard speaker) with wiring.
Handy customers experienced with working and tinkering on classic cars can install a radio by themselves. All others we strictly advise to have their vintage radio installed by an experienced mechanic / electrician / local garage. Our installation kits contain the parts and instructions needed to install a radio in a factory original prepared car. In case your dashboard aperture / mount has been changed by previous owners over the last 40 -50 years you might need, or have to make, different parts to make the radio fit properly.
*1.5 years (18 months) European / US warranty (See About Us / FAQ). In the rare case that a reliable Blaupunkt transistor radio stops working you send it back to us for immediate exchange (in case a comparable unit is in stock) or repair. The radio is sealed before shipping with a unique numbered security seal which cannot be tampered with. If this seal is damaged / broken the warranty will be void.
“Enjoy the Ride!”