This wonderful Becker Europa radio fits in the standard 1-DIN dashboard aperture which became the industry standard on other cars from about 1975. This Becker Europa model is also regularly seen in Mercedes-Benz 280 SL Pagode models from 1968 which have the correct dasboard aperture. This fine Becker radio was extensively refurbished and serviced by our specialists. The chrome bezel and the knobs are in excellent original condition and the ‘pin-stripe’ face-plate was renewed. The front appearance of this radio is SUPERB! The radio has perfect reception on FM (U) and the sound is clear and powerful!
Make and Model: Becker Europa LMKU (M-series)
- Classic Car era: 1968 – 1982
- Faceplate: Standard Becker pin-stripe suitable for all cars with a 1-DIN dashboard aperture. Chrome bezel with plastic pinstripe insert. Becker radios were factory fitted to Mercedes-Benz cars of the 1960’s, 1970s and 1980s
- On-board voltage: 12V, negative earth / ground only
- Output power: 5 Watt
- Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Rendition: Mono, 1 (4 Ohm) speaker. NOTE: If you want to connect two speakers then you must use two 8 Ohm speakers connected parallel + to + and – to -, this makes 4 Ohm. This is important otherwise you will damage the internal amplifier
- Wave Range: long wave, medium wave, short wave, UKW (FM)
- Frequency range UKW (FM): 88MHz-104 MHz
- Equipment: station pre-set buttons, tone-control, 6-PIN DIN connection for optional external devices (in period cassette players) like the Classentials MP3 kit and the Classentials Bluetooth module
- Design type: Transistor radio
- Year of build: 1976
- Dimensions unit (width x height x depth in mm): 177 x 42 x 132 (radio back to the back of the faceplate)
- Dimensions face-plate (width x height in mm): 186 x 57
- Weight (kg): 1.3
Extra in packaging: speaker plug, cable shoe for 12V connection, earth / ground cable, dashboard mounting brackets, radio back support bracket.
Installing: Basic car conditions before installation: Radio prepared car with 1-DIN (182.5 x 53 mm) dashboard opening, 12V power lead, analogue telescopic antenna, standard (dashboard speaker) with wiring.
Handy customers experienced with working and tinkering on classic cars can install a radio by themselves. All others we strictly advise to have their vintage radio installed by an experienced mechanic / electrician / local garage. Our installation kits contain the parts and instructions needed to install a radio in a factory original prepared car. In case your dashboard aperture / mount has been changed by previous owners over the last 40 -50 years you might need, or must make, different parts to make the radio fit properly.
*1.5 years (18 months) Global warranty (See About Us / FAQ). In the rare case that a reliable Becker transistor radio stops working you send it back to us for immediate exchange (in case a comparable unit is in stock) or repair. The radio is sealed before shipping with a unique numbered security seal which cannot be tampered with. If this seal is damaged / broken the warranty will be void.
“Enjoy the Ride!”